- 12-14 August 2022
- 11-13 August 2023.
Levenshulme Pride has a huge range of activities to suit everyone. Now in our third year we have 26 venues and locations having started with six just two years ago.
We will have entertainment of all sorts from drag acts and DJs to live music, spoken word, film screenings and theatre performance. We also provide education, health and fitness activities, mindfulness sessions, panel discussions and opportunities to reflect as well as celebrate.
Here’s a taste of some of the activities and performers in 2019:
- Manchester Big Gay Big Band
- Gypsy Darling
- Gerry Potter
- Jackie Hagan
- Manchester Prairie Dogs Line Dancing
- Stalls extended to Saturday and Sunday
- March turning the A6 into the Gay6
- Levante Samba Band
- The Vegan Queens
- Creative Workshop for teenagers with additional needs
- Annabelle Lecter
- The Circus House Acrobatic Workshop
- Drag Workouts
- Avril Taylor Cher and Tina Turner Tribute Act
- Night Market Disco and DJs
- Shine Tea Party
- Community Choir
- Sexual Health Clinic
- Dog Show
- Freddie Mercury Tribute Act
- Bike P-Ride
- Film screenings
- Gay Men’s Writing Group
- Zacc Rogers Blues Night
- Cheese Club
- Comedy Workshop for 6-11 Kids
- Cakes and Food offers
- 5km Rainbow Run
- LGBT themed tattoos
- RuPanda’s Drag Race (for kids of all ages)
- Face Painting and Glitter Beards
- Mindful Textiles and Art Workshops
- Free gym passes
The fabulous Azure will be our hostess for Saturday Night Cabaret at the Klondyke (assisted by Anthony Fletcher and Art Critic Panda).
The whole evening starts with RuPanda’s Drag Race at 18.30 (suitable for everyone including children). The Theatre performance and Cabaret is more adult orientated.
RuPanda’s Drag Race
“I can make you fail a little bit less” theatre show by Dominic Berry
Cabaret with Gerry Potter, Jackie Hagan and the Vegan Queens
Get down to The Levenshulme next weekend for some fabulous fun and entertainment during Levenshulme Pride.
We are delighted to announce that Dominic Berry will be performing at Levenshulme Pride.
Dominic is an internationally award-winning performance poet. He is 2017 Glastonbury Festival Poet in Residence, winner of 2017 Saboteur ‘Best Spoken Word Artist’ award and has toured his verse across USA, Canada, India, New Zealand, Australia, South America and Europe. His other awards include winning New York’s Nuyorican Poetry Cafe Slam, UK Superheroes of Slam and, as of 2017, seven Arts Council England Grants for the Arts awards.
When not travelling the world Dominic lives in Manchester.
Dominic will be appearing twice at Levenshulme Pride:
Saturday 18 August 19.30 at The Klondyke
- Theatre show “I Can Make You Fail a Little Bit Less”
Sunday 19th August 11.00 at Arcadia Library and Leisure Centre
- Performance for children and families. Full of energy, jokes and action this is storytelling at its best.
Find out more about Dominic HERE